Myeongbeom Kim

A selection of creations by South Korean artist Kim Myeongbeom

Myeongbeom Kim was educated in South Korea and the United States. He produces otherworldly installations and sculpture works that juxtapose man-made elements with nature to create surreal dream spaces. Utilizing suspension as a common motif, his works are constantly poised in a state of ambiguous wonderment. Within his installations, living things are held inside the fragile confines of light bulbs and helium balloons replace tree foliage, literally lifting up the tree and its roots.
Looking through his work, what makes it all so striking and surreal is that Kim combines man-made elements with natural ones in a way that really makes you stop and think.
"I try to examine how my surroundings are perceived and remembered. To do this, I listen to a whisper from the objects within my surroundings. I attempt to have an intimate, private dialogue with the world, trying to concretely present the way things approach me, by using other mediums.
"To ask what an objects means to me is like asking what being I am. I have consistently experienced my surrounding objects from the perspective of life, growth, and decline, which lends vitality to my work."





www.myeongbeomkim.com








1 commento: